Monday, November 14, 2011

Blink of an Eye

I stood beneath a floating mantle of grey,
The stillness of the ambience shattered my rushing pace,
I let myself be,
It won against anxiety’s dismay,
Realized that today is just a moment that will turn to yesterday,
I looked and I saw,
The godsend before my eyes in its entirety,
She’s my sacred project that continues developing every day,
For tomorrow my hair will be brittle and gray,
She will be sprouted,
The grandest harvest of my life’s garden,
She is the seed that changed my ways….
Cherish,
A whisper blown to me by manic gusts of wind,
I do so much,
Everything that I touch,
Especially my precious child,
The moments never fail to remind me,
Awake I am,
It's a blessing holding hands with melancholy,
I accept,
I oblige,
Now that I've accepted this moment beneath the grey sky,
And submerged in it with the sharpness of my ears, nose, and eyes,
I continue to the rhythm of my steps with the blink of an eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment