Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The World In My Room

Peek through the crack of my humble little room,
So you can see my souls desires to walk the dirt roads of the world,
Youll see colors in every corner that brighten where I stay,
I don't discriminate any shade,
I love them all,
They play a major role in my nights and days,
In my abode there's greetings that express my love of cultures,
With eyes open and a sharp ear theres a voice that welcomes from all the walls,
Namaste, Buenos Dias,
From India to Peru...
Inti Raymi on the wall reminds me of the land I was born to,
Sparkling jewels from Cuzco,
Pristine silver in a hand carved box that holds pounds of foregin charms
that complements my wrists and shines up to my elbows...
The shelf on the left holds blue and red Venetian masks,
That signify the land of my descendants from the past...
Elephants from Jaipur roam my desk,
leaving a trail of fortune on top of my scholarly mess,
Each blend with the parade of cultures in my head,
A pyramid from Lima made of quartz, onyx, tiger eye and jade,
It beholds a mysterious power,
I consider it a rare accolade,
A hamsa on a bracelet that protects me from the evil eye...
I pray for a bigger room so I can fill it with worldly relics before I die,
I yearn to roam the earth and steal a piece from every corner,
so I can merge it with my room and dream at night that I visit every single border,
One day soon I'll build a room huge enough to hold my dreams,
but for now I feel complete until the day that I have enough money...

1 comment: